The mission of the Building Department is to provide quality services to the community in a manner that is comprehensive, efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. The Building Department promotes and insures that all development in the city of Glenwood Springs is constructed in accordance with the standards of safety established by the Uniform Codes.
COVID-19 Building Inspections
Direct E-mail to file building permit applications
Now you can E-mail building permit applications directly to the Building Department and they will not be lost in someone’s personal E-mail.
Please scan your document and its attachments and send it to: email@example.com
If a plan review deposit is required, we will contact you for payment which is due before we perform the plan review. When the permit is ready for pickup, we will notify you by E-mail. You can make payment for the permit fees by check or by credit card.
INFORMATION FOR CONTRACTORS
- Building Permit Application
- As-built Guidelines
- Building Code
- Building Guides
- Climactic & Geographic Design Criteria
- Contractor's License Application
- Heat Load Calculation Design Requirements
- Equipment Sizing & System Design Requirements
- Reports-Monthly & Yearly Permit Activity
- System Improvement Fees
Building Department / Building OfficialPhysical Address
Community Development Department
101 W. 8th Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Phone: 970-384-6410Fax: 970-945-8582
Inspection LinePhone: 970-384-6432
Building Permits / Contractor Licenses
Phone: 970-384-6411Fax: 970-945-8582
- Building Plan Review
- Contractor Licensing & Information
- Inspections @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Do I need a permit to construct a shed?
- Do I need a permit for electrical or plumbing work?
- Do I need a permit to replace windows?
- Do I need a permit to replace siding?
- I need to replace my water heater or furnace. Do I need a permit?
- My friend and I want to put a new roof on my house. Do we need a contractor's license?
- What happens if I start a building project without a permit?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- What codes apply to construction work in Glenwood Springs?
- Do I need a contractor's license to work in Glenwood Springs?
- How do I find out if my contractor is licensed to work in Glenwood Springs?
- What are the requirements to obtain a contractor's license?
- What is a BEST card?
- When and where can I take a BEST test?